- The widescreen, LED-backlit IPS screen has a glossy finish and a native resolution of 2560 x 1600. With 227 pixels per inch, this MacBook Pro has a pixel count of over 5 million. You’ll be able to output to 2 external displays at up to 2560 x 1600 via Thunderbolt 2 (Mini DisplayPort). Any Mini DisplayPort-compatible display will plug in without the need for an adapter. This MacBook Pro also adds an HDMI port so HDMI-compliant devices, particularly HDTVs, are now natively supported as well. Graphics are handled by integrated Intel Iris Graphics.
Force Touch Trackpad
- The Force Touch trackpad takes all the capabilities of Multi-Touch and adds force sensors that detect subtle differences in the amount of downward pressure you apply. This lets you have a deeper connection to your content, bringing more functionality right to your fingertip. It also introduces haptic feedback to MacBook Pro – allowing you not just to see what’s happening on the screen, but to feel it. With Multi-Touch in OS X, you can use realistic gestures like swiping or pinching to switch between apps, navigate your content, and get the most out of your desktop space.
- Retina Display
- The 13.3″ display of this MacBook Pro features over 5 million pixels. The pixel density is so high your eyes won’t be able to discern individual pixels. Now with a 2560 x 1600 native resolution, you can see more of your high-resolution images onscreen with pixel-for-pixel accuracy. The Retina display also reduces glare while maintaining incredible color and quality. In fact, it has a 29 percent higher contrast ratio than a standard MacBook Pro display. IPS technology gives you a wide, 178-degree view of everything on the screen, so you’ll see the difference at practically any angle.
- Dual-Core 5th-Gen Broadwell Intel Core i5 Performance
- The 5th-gen Broadwell Intel Core i5 processor with 14 nm architecture in this MacBook Pro provides fast dual-core performance. Intel Hyper-Threading technology allows two threads to run simultaneously on each core. The dual cores can run at a stock speed of 2.7 GHz. The processor can be overclocked up to 3.1 GHz, thanks to Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology. With a 3MB L3 cache and 8GB of onboard 1866 MHz LPDDR3 RAM memory, this MacBook Pro can run professional applications like Aperture and Final Cut Pro with ease.
- Integrated Intel Iris Graphics 6100
- This MacBook Pro features integrated Intel Iris graphics, which is perfect for both everyday tasks and graphics-intensive creative apps. Scroll through large photo albums with ease. Play games with amazing detail. Even connect an external display or two.
- All Flash Storage
- This MacBook Pro feels incredibly fluid and responsive. It’s all thanks to its PCIe-based flash storage, which gives you up to 60 percent faster read and write performance than its predecessor. When you use apps like Final Cut Pro or Aperture, you can perform even the most demanding tasks right from your internal storage. And since this MacBook Pro comes with 128GB of flash storage, you can keep all your important files with you, including large video and photo libraries. Flash doesn’t have any moving parts, which makes it reliable and quiet. And flash storage is extremely energy efficient, which means your MacBook Pro also has the ability to stay in standby mode for up to a month without having to be plugged in.
- Long-Lasting Battery
- The built-in lithium polymer battery provides up to 9 hours on a single charge (battery life may vary upon use) and gives you up to 1000 full charge and discharge cycles as well as up to 30 days of instant-on standby time. Which means you can put your MacBook Pro to sleep, and it’ll come back on instantly – after a day, a week, or even a month. With Power Nap, your MacBook Pro can continue to receive email and calendar invitations while it’s asleep. And when it’s connected to a power source, it can download software updates and make backups with Time Machine. So the next time you open your notebook, your MacBook Pro is updated and ready to go.