Microsoft 13.5″ Surface Book Multi-Touch 2-in-1 Notebook sports a dual-core Intel Core i7-6600U processor along with a detachable Performance Base to provide you a powerful and versatile laptop/tablet design. When using the Performance Base, this Surface Book is powered by an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card to deliver smooth and detailed visuals to the 13.5″ multi-touch display, which has a native resolution of 3000 x 2000. There’s also an included Surface pen that provides 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity, offering more controls for creating images.
Surface Book weighs 3.63lb and is equipped with larger battery that provides up to 16 hours of battery life while watching videos. Microsoft has outfitted the device with a 1TB SSD and 16GB of RAM to offer fast access times and the ability to run multiple apps simultaneously. Windows 10 Pro is installed on the solid-state drive. Another notable feature is an SD card slot, so you can expand the Surface Book’s storage capabilities and transfer content from digital cameras.
Expanding the Surface Book’s capabilities can be accomplished by connecting printers, monitors, and other devices to its two USB 3.0 ports, headset jack, and mini-DisplayPort output. For wireless connections, it comes with 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.0. Once connected online, you can conduct face-to-face conversation utilizing the onboard speakers, microphone, and 5MP front-facing webcam. Moreover, photos of your surroundings can be taken using the 8MP rear webcam.
Microsoft Surface Book
- Dual-Core 6th-Gen Skylake Intel Core Performance
- The Surface Book houses a 6th generation Skylake Intel Core i7-6600U processor. Its dual cores can reach a stock speed of 2.6 GHz. With Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0, the Surface Book can reach a max speed of 3.4 GHz. With a dedicated L3 cache and 16GB of RAM, the Surface Book allows you to multitask quickly and efficiently.
- The Surface Book is constructed with a light, magnesium chassis and a fulcrum hinge, which keeps it balanced at virtually any angle.
- 13.5″ PixelSense Display with 10-Point Multi-Touch Support
- Featuring a 3000 x 2000 screen resolution (267 ppi), the 13.5″ PixelSense display provides a high-res, clear viewing experience. The screen is calibrated for true-to-life color, high contrast, and low glare. The display is also a touchscreen, so you’ll be able to utilize the multi-touch gestures incorporated into Windows 10 Pro. You can also watch video on an external display via the mini DisplayPort output.
- 2-in-1 Detachable Design
- The Surface Book can be used as both a laptop and a tablet. Detach the screen to use it like a clipboard with the included Surface Pen. You can also rotate it and attach the screen to the dock to take full advantage of the tactile keyboard, touchpad, and the hardware accelerated graphics.